Colored-In Chipping Sparrow

 As promised, here's the final one of my first three pictures, with my go at coloring in the Chipping Sparrow picture:

Sparrow

I do love sparrows. They are chirpy little things. One could say that they have "chipper" personalities.

In English-English (or "British English") "chipper" means cheerful and lively. So Chipping Sparrows are sparrows that chirp or chip and (like all sparrows) they seem to be cheerful and lively. Their reddish-orange (rufous) cap is (for me) their distinguishing trait - the thing that most sets them apart from other sparrows. 

Here's the photograph again, where you can see the cap in all its glory:

Sparrow

What color are his breast feathers? I thought they were white, then I looked again and thought grey, and even maybe grey with a slight amount of blue (a "hint" of blue, as they say). What do you see?

  


Comments