Piliriqatigiinniq Coloring-In Picture

Here's the coloring-in picture for one of the pictures in my "Is Pink the color of Spring?" post. This pink figure (a deer, I guess) is part of a large artwork on the corner of Church and Court streets in Toronto.  The artwork is called "Piliriqatigiinniq," which means "working  together in a collaborative way for the common good." This huge painting is a mural. A mural is a picture painted onto a wall.  

I have so much to learn about First Nations people - language, values, images, culture...And my lack of understanding of this mural of how much I have still to learn. What I do know is that I love this mural. I always stop to admire it when I walk south down Church Street - when usually I am on my way to King Street and a crosstown bus to the Distillery District loop.   

Piliriqatigiinniq Coloring - In Picture




Comments

  1. There is a great article about this mural on the "Embassy of Imagination" website and another article on the "Finding True North" website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment