Rainy Day Colors - Umbrellas

A Miserably Wet Cold Spring Day 

Yesterday was wet and cold. I stayed inside and made scones for lunch. It rained all day. 

Cat with Umbrella

Cold, wet days are typical of Spring. And colors glow brightly on a wet day - they shine. 

Mid-afternoon I went out onto our balcony and spotted a bright orange umbrella. I thought, why not see how many different colored umbrella I can photograph?   So here are pictures of umbrellas - seen from my balcony. And also pictures of jackets and other wet weather gear. 

Pink Umbrella

First up, a woman with black shoes, blue jeans, and a patterned red and white umbrella.  Or is that pink and white? From a distance the umbrella looked pink to me.

Umbrella

Red Jacket
Here's someone wearing a red jacket and carrying a black bag. And wearing gloves. (Yes it was cold enough for gloves!)   

Jacket

Black Umbrellas

I saw lots and lots of black umbrellas. (I own a black umbrella myself. I asked about other colors when I bought my umbrella. The shop explained that this type of umbrella only comes in black. It's a great umbrella, which I have named "Jonah." (Think Jonah in the whale (he needed an umbrella) and Jonah Lomu the All Black (because my umbrella is all black.)

Umbrella

Blue Umbrella 
Blue seems to be a favorite color for umbrellas, jackets, and rain cloaks.

Umbrella

Cloak

 Yellow Jacket 

Yellow on a rainy day lifts my spirits.

Jacket

Red and Orange

These jackets have warm colors - red and orange. 

Jackets

Grey Umbrella
I like this woman's color combination; grey umbrella, blue skirt, and white top. What color are her shoes? 

Umbrella

Patterned Umbrellas
I saw several patterned umbrellas - first with concentric circles, then with lines radiating out from the centre, and then one with geometric shapes including lines that looked like hockey sticks to me.   

Umbrella

Umbrella


Umbrella


Raining Cats and Dogs

I particularly liked this umbrella, which shows that it is raining cats and dogs.  

Umbrella

Questions for you

What color is your umbrella?  If you could choose any color you liked for your umbrella what would it be? 




      

Comments